Sunday, July 09, 2006

Yes, I'm Compusive. So Sue Me.

But Not All That Compulsive.

Yes, I did re-edit the last entry to make it prettier on the page. Every time I looked in, it bugged me. Just not enough to do anything about it until today. So I'm not that big a nerd.

The inability of Blogger to actually deal with block quotes and other simple-minded formatting stuff (like tabs, for God's sake) is one of the low level irritants that makes it easy to keep putting off adding entries to this page.

And, yes, I know about the Word add-in that will let me compose in Word and post to the blog. Have I mentioned my near pathological dislike of Word? My path to modern (Ha!) word processing was Scripsit (big thumbs up and props as a real OTMCU [Old Time MicroComputer User] to anyone who knows what that was without resorting to Google or some other search engine), WordStar 3.3 to WordStar 4 (which, running on a Sanyo PC, got me through law school), WordStar 5 to WordStar 5.5 to WordPerfect 5 for DOS to WordPerfect 6 for Windows to WP 7, 8, 9, and now 10. At about the time we were upgrading to WP 8, I had to come to some accommodation with Word in my capacity as an online instructor. Hated it then, hate it now. Someday I'll even think of a good reason.

3 comments:

That Guy said...

You should consider Open Office. I instantly respect any computer user that has Open Office.

Mister DA said...

I've seen OpenOffice (or OpenOffice.org as we must call it, Open Office being a trademark of someone else) in the 1.4.x version. I understand there is a new, stable, version 2.0.? but haven't looked at it. Why, you ask? Becasue the 1.4 version was sufficiently like Word to suffer all the same issues. Sort of like the difference between Scylla and Charybdis. Do you really care which one eats your ship?

Unknown said...

Your articles are purely enough for me.
click now